Many homeless men and women watch their birthday come and go uncelebrated. But thanks to the generosity of Fred Meyer and your thoughtfulness, our homeless guests will know they’re not forgotten this year.
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013, we’ll throw a birthday party complete with gifts, cake, cards and colorful decorations.
You can be a part of our annual Birthday Party for the Homeless when you send a birthday card with an encouraging note to let a hurting person know you care. See the instructions at the right to send a card through postal mail.
We’ve even provided a special card for kids to color! Download the PDF to print out as many as you like.
1. Write a message in a store-bought or homemade card.
2. Please do not include any personal information other than your first name.
3. Enclose your card in the matching envelope, but do not seal it.
4. If you like, include a donation to Portland Rescue Mission. Your gift of $10.00 provides 6 hot, nutritious meals to hurting people in need. You can also donate online.
5. Place the card and matching envelope in a larger envelope and mail by July 10 to:
Birthday for Homeless
Portland Rescue Mission
P.O. Box 3713
Portland, OR 97208-3713
For additional information, contact Alexa Mason at 503-746-9647 or firstname.lastname@example.org