Many homeless men and women watch their birthday come and go uncelebrated. But thanks to the generosity of Fred Meyer, KLOVE, Air1 and your thoughtfulness, our homeless guests will know they’re not forgotten this year.
On Thursday, March 8, we’ll throw a birthday party complete with gifts, cake, cards and colorful decorations.
You can be a part of our annual Birthday Party for the Homeless when you send a birthday card with an encouraging note to let a hurting person know you care. See the instructions below to send a card through postal mail.
Or create a custom card. Make an online donation here and include your customized birthday card greeting. We’ll print your message on a special card and share it with a homeless man, woman or child at our birthday party.
1. Write a message in a store-bought or homemade card.
2. Please do not include any personal information other than your first name.
3. Enclose your card in the matching envelope, but do not seal it.
4. If you like, include a donation to Portland Rescue Mission. Just $1.88 provides a hot, nutritious meal to a hurting person in need.
5. Place the card and matching envelope in a larger envelope and mail by March 1 to:
Birthday for Homeless
Portland Rescue Mission
P.O. Box 3713
Portland, OR 97208-3713
For additional information, contact Brian Merrell at 503-906-7799 or firstname.lastname@example.org